Tuesday, December 21, 2010

More snow fun!!

Snow falls, chaos reigns
Panic throughout Dublin's streets
I'll simply walk home


Another big dump of snow today - started out light, as you can see below, then it looks like nature decided to mess with the Dubliners again. It took me an hour and a half to make about half the journey home on the bus (to UCD from IFSC for anyone who knows Dublin) so I got off and walked. Left the bus far behind.

The first fall of the day


It's actually amazing. At the first sight of snow or ice, drivers panic everywhere. Everyone pretty much ups and leaves their jobs, desperate to get home before anyone else. Most of the time, if someone falls over on a patch of ice, people won't stop to help, because they're too busy fleeing for their homes.

I am possibly a bit too bitter about this, as it happened to me during the last lot of snow and ice a few weeks back. I hit some black ice, went over on my side and no one helped me or even asked if I was ok. And this was when I was full-time in the sling following the shoulder operation, so well done Dubs!


Ahem... rant finished, I promise. Enjoy the rest of the photos!


Again, from this morning

I like this one, looks like it's from the same land as a nightmare before Christmas

Our car on the right, currently hibernating. All of that snow fell today

Looking up the hill towards the N11. You can see people at the roundabout with shovels, helping any cars that get stuck. The road was already pretty much solid ice by this time

2 comments:

  1. I like the glowing orange light, very Tim Burton like.

    Shame about the non-helpers on the slippery ice, hope you didn't do any more damage to your shoulder. Maybe wearing crampon's might help.....and you can kick all of those non-helpers passing by in the shins with them (only joking).

    Lishaxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am sooo enjoying all your photos and commentry. Love showing them to all I can grab to have a look. xxx

    ReplyDelete